Here is a great recipe for Finnish apple pancakes that are easy, fast and simple to make.
You will need:
1 cup almond or regular milk
1 cup spelt flour
1/2 to 1 apple
Coconut or olive oil
2 table spoons coconut palm sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Use the coconut or olive oil to grease a 9×13 pan. Make sure you grease the sides too.
3. Slice the apple in thin slices, then arrange the slices on the bottom or your baking pan. You can make a fancy pattern or just cover the bottom systematically.
4. Beat the eggs, milk, and flour in a bowl by hand for about 1 – 2 minutes. You can use the mixer too if you happen to have it handy. If not, good old fashioned muscle power will do.
5. Pour the batter over the apple slices into the pan, then sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
6. Bake 20 – 25 minutes until your Finnish apple pancakes become puffy. Serve with maple syrup.
Because coconut palm sugar is dark, it will make your pancakes look burnt. Still very delicious!